Monday, September 21, 2009

Another Win-Win For Artists and Crafters - Winkelf.com

I just have the best news to tell you. I just opened up a Linda Walsh Originals Winkelf store. If you don't know what Winkelf.com is I should tell you that it is a fabulous new online shopping marketplace for artists and crafters.


I spent the weekend filling up my Linda Walsh Originals Winkelf store and creating my Linda Walsh Originals Winkelf blog. Yes, they even give you a fully integrated blog with the blog posts appearing along the right hand side of the store. How fabulous is that?

Winkelf was started by Samantha, who is an artisan, mother, seller and buyer. She was a member of eBay, Etsy, Trunkt and Flickr and also a web designer/developer of ecommerce websites. In 2005 she decided that it was time for her to create Winkelf - an online marketplace for sellers and buyers of handmade goods.

Here's what they have to say about themselves:

WinkElf is the people's online shopping marketplace for designers, artisans and all creative folk to buy and sell handmade goodies, vintage treasures, craft supplies and even some brand name items for your home and family.

Built by hand (by me) with a love for handmade goods, you won't be subjected to the gameplay of big business here. Discover free stores, no listing fees and a low selling-only fee.


Here's what they have to say about their selling packages:

Basic package where you can list for free every day with an unbranded store and unlimited listings... with just a 2.5% selling-only fee. Not one penny for unsold items, whether you list just one item or 1,000,000 items.

All-inclusive package for only $5 a month. Don't worry, our prices don't change from month-to-month. That's our every day price... for everyone!


So, I opened up a basic store and have to tell you that I just LOVE it. It's easy to do, easy to add items to, and easy to add links to all your network places like;
Facebook, Blogger.com, Flickr, Twitter, IndiePublic, ByHandMe, and more.

Plus, they allow you to have 4 extra pages that you can customize the way you want and that are always shown on the left hand side of your store. I added the following pages:

Welcome
Linda's Handmade Dolls
Linda's Pattern Designs
Our Store Policies


And, for everyone who sells not only handmade items, but e-patterns, e-tutorials, e-books, and more they have digital download capability so you can upload you digital products in .zip files and have the link automatically emailed to the customer when you have been paid. If you are an artist or crafter who just started selling e-products this is a fabulous feature. However, you don't have to have them digitally downloaded. You can sell them as e-products that you email to the customer as attachments to your email once you have been notified of payment by the customer.

I have some of my handmade dolls & crafts listed in my store, plus some of my e-patterns and e-books.

Some of the other features of the store are you can categorize your items and drag/drop the sorting order. You can create a Profile page, send me a message, tell a friend about me, or even subscribe to my store's RSS feed. And, every time you list an item you can Twitter about it. Add to that a schedule feature that allows you to schedule items being listed, and an automatic re-list feature for when the listing ends.

Plus, they have a few different store widgets that you can add to your other websites, blogs, and networking places.

I'm just loving this new store. If you'd like to see what Winkelf.com is all about please CLICK HERE.

I hope you enjoy my new store. See you at Winkelf.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment