Friday, May 30, 2008

Do You Use Google Reader?

I have been a big fan of Google.com and all the services they offer for a long time. One of the services they offer is Google Reader which I have found to be an invaluable tool and time saving resource for me.

Google Reader is a feed service that allows you to track RSS and Atom feeds. For me, I use it to keep track of all the current posts for all my Top Blogs By Crafters Toplist blogs.

Since I now have 357 members on my toplist that's a LOT of blogs to read. But, Google Reader makes that a breeze and I just love keeping up-to-date on what's happening with my favorite blogs.

The only negative is that I'm only seeing the feeds and not all the changes everyone has made to their blogs, which I also like to see.

So, from time to time I just visit everyone's blog to see what they've done to their blogs. It's always fascinating to see the creativity involved with all the bloggers and see how much the new bloggers have learned for managing their blogs.

Since I use I-Google as my home page I have a widget for Google Reader right on my homepage. So, I can read the blog updates as they happen right from my homepage or just go to my Google Reader page.

Adding new subscriptions is a breeze and managing my subscriptions is a breeze.

If time is of the essence, and you have a LOT of blogs you like to read then try Google Reader. It will save you some time. It certainly does that for me.


Posted by Linda Walsh Originals - "Doll Patterns for Grown-up Girls!"

No comments:

Post a Comment