Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Linda's How-Do-I Series? - How Do I Set-Up An Email Signature?

I often get asked a lot of simple HTML coding questions so I thought I'd post a bunch of the more common questions in a series on my "Tips For Crafters on The Web" blog. I thought I'd call it the "Linda's How-Do-I Series."

Question #1 - How do I set-up an email signature?
Answer: Email signatures can be a mix of clickable banners, clickable text, and/or a combination of both. Or it can be a string of various combinations.

If you want to make a banner clickable enter the following code (minus the ***'s which are there so you can view the HTML in this article):

<***a href="http://YOURWEBSITE#1URL"> <***img src="http://YOURWEBSITEIMAGE#1URL"><***/a>

If I coded my banner for the above it would look like this and be clickable to my website:




If you want to make text clickable enter the following code (minus the ***'s which are there so you can view the HTML in this article):

<***a href="http://YOURWEBSITE#1URL">WEBSITETEXTNAME#1<***/a>

If I wanted to make my website text clickable it would look like this and be clickable to my website:

Linda Walsh Originals

If you want to make a string of clickable banners and clickable text enter the following code (minus the ***'s which are there so you can view the HTML in this article):

<***a href="http://YOURWEBSITE#1URL"><***img src="http://YOURWEBSITEIMAGE#1URL"><***/a>
<***a href="http://YOURWEBSITE#2URL">WEBSITETEXTNAME#2<***/a>
<***a href="http://YOURWEBSITE#3URL">WEBSITETEXTNAME#3<***/a>

If I coded my banner and websites for the above it would look like this and be clickable to my website:


Linda Walsh Originals
Linda Walsh Originals Dolls

The first few lines of code are for the banner and text string for Website #1. Websites #2 and #3, etc. would just be clickable text names.

All of the lines of coding and sections above contain 3 ***'s. They are there only to allow for you to view the html code above and should not be included in your html code.

For all of the above you would replace "YOURWEBSITE#1URL" with your websites URL and the "YOURWEBSITEIMAGE#1URL" with the URL of where your banner image resides on the internet. You would replace "WEBSITETEXTNAME#1" with the name of your website. Images can reside in a folder on your websites server, in your account on a photo hosting website, etc. They just have to be on the internet and not on your hard drive.

Here is an example of my current clickable text email signature:

Linda Walsh Originals
Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns
Linda Walsh Originals Dolls
Linda's Blog
DOLLS Blog
Instant Download E-Patterns Blog
Top Blogs By Crafters Toplist
The Dollie & Crafts Plugboard
Crafting For All Plugboard
About Linda Walsh Originals
I Love Crafts & Crafts Blogs
Tips For Crafters On The Web
Twelve Months of Sewing Club
Testing The Blogs Series and Helpful Blog Tips
The Best FREE Craft Articles
The Book Review Corner

And here is a copy of my email signature with a clickable banner and clickable text:


Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns
Linda Walsh Originals
Linda Walsh Originals Dolls
Linda's Blog
DOLLS Blog
Instant Download E-Patterns Blog
Top Blogs By Crafters Toplist
The Dollie & Crafts Plugboard
Crafting For All Plugboard
About Linda Walsh Originals
I Love Crafts & Crafts Blogs
Tips For Crafters On The Web
Twelve Months of Sewing Club
Testing The Blogs Series and Helpful Blog Tips
The Best FREE Craft Articles
The Book Review Corner


I hope the above explains the various ways to set-up your email signature.



Posted by Linda Walsh Originals- "Doll Patterns for Grown-up Girls!"

1 comment:

My Country Cottage/Raggedy Dollys Blog said...

Thank you so much for all the information you are sharing. I think its great that you are helping us all. :)

Post a Comment