Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Linda's How-Do-I Series? How Do I Provide a CLICKABLE Link To Another Section On The Page?

You may have seen links at the top of a blog or website telling you to click on them and when you do so you are brought to another section of the same page, like the bottom or to a particular spot on that page.

So, let's say I had decided to provide a link to the plugboard on the bottom of my post from the first line of my post where I said CLICK For PLUGBOARD. I would add HTML code to my "Click for Plugboard" clickable link and add the HTML code to the bottom of my post where my plugboard might be (see Plugboard example below). Click on the "CLICK For PLUGBOARD and see what happens.

This ability is not just limited to a blog post. You can utilize this for anywhere within a blog's page or anywhere on a particular websites page.

If you're wondering how to do that, here's how:

Let's say that I have placed a plugboard either in the lower section of the sidebar of my blog or on the bottom of my website and want to provide a clickable link at the top of my page so users can easily click on it and be taken to where my plugboard is on my page. And, let's say I want my clickable link to say "CLICK for PLUGBOARD".

To do this you need to provide a clickable link to a unique reference point (IE: anchor)somewhere else on the page. In order to do that you have to name the point where you want to be brought with a unique name and then tell the clickable link what that points unique name is. In other words provide a way to find the anchor.

For example, I have decided to name my point FreePlugboard. The HTML coding that I would use for the Clickable link at the top of my page is as follows (minus the ***'s which are there so you can view the HTML in this article):

<***a href="#FreePlugboard">CLICK For PLUGBOARD<***/a>

and the HTML coding that I would need to add to the location of the unique reference point would be as follows (minus the ***'s which are there so you can view the HTML in this article):

<***a name="FreePlugboard"><***/a>

All of the lines of coding and sections above contain 3 ***'s. They are there only to allow for you to view the html code above and should not be included in your html code.

I hope this helps explain how to provide a clickable link to another spot on the same page.


Posted by Linda Walsh Originals- "Doll Patterns for Grown-up Girls!"
Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns - "Instant Download E-Patterns for Grown-up Girls!"



PLUGBOARD Example

No comments:

Post a Comment