Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Linda's How-Do-I Series? How Do I Draw A Line, Skip A Line, Add A Paragraph, and Underline?



Linda Walsh Originals


Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns


Linda Walsh Originals Dolls
Handmade Dolls & Crafts For Grown-up Girls!


Linda Walsh Originals and Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns

Doll Patterns for Grown-up Girls! Whether you are a beginner crafter or experienced seamstress you will love our Victorian, Colonial, Primitive, Country, Seasonal, Holiday, Instant Download E-Patterns, and other doll patterns. Come and have some fun!



When you're creating websites and blogs you sometimes have the need to draw a line, add a line break, add a paragraph, and underline.

The first example above is for drawing lines above and below my Linda Walsh Originals name.

The second example above underlines my Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns name.

And, the third example above creates a line break after my Linda Walsh Originals Dolls name.

The fourth example above creates a paragraph about my business after my Linda Walsh Originals name. The paragraph command causes the HTML code to skip a line.

All three of the examples are also centered.

So, how do you HTML code for this? Here's how (minus the ***'s which are there so you can view the HTML in this article):

To Draw two lines above and below:

<***center><***hr />YOUR WEBSITE NAME <***hr /><***/center>

To underline your business name:

<***center><***u>YOUR WEBSITE #2 NAME<***/u><***/center>

To skip a line between your business name and byline:

<***center>YOUR WEBSITE #3 NAME<***br/>YOUR WEBSITE #3 Byline<***/center>

To create a paragraph after your business name:

<***center>YOUR BUSINESS NAME
<***p>YOUR BUSINESS PARAGRAPH<***/p><***/center>


The <***center><***/center> (minus the ***'s> string centers the text. If you don't want it centered then just eliminate the string.


Posted by Linda Walsh Originals - "Doll Patterns for Grown-up Girls!"
Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns - "Instant Download E-Patterns for Grown-up Girls!"

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Hi Linda

I tried these tips tonight on my blog and it is working so well. It is something that I wanted to know and do for a long time now.

Thanks again

Elsie

Linda said...

Elsie, I'm so glad it was helpful to you. Thanks for letting me know.

Linda

Post a Comment