Saturday, January 20, 2007

What To Name A Website?

I'm not sure you would call this a "unique" promotional idea but there was some logic to it.

In deciding what to name my new website Linda Walsh Originals Dolls and what to name the domain I decided to use four words for the title and domain name. The first three would be the same as my doll pattern website Linda Walsh Originals and the last word would be "Dolls." So, www.lindawalshoriginalsdolls.com became the domain name and URL and Linda Walsh Originals Dolls became the official business name.

Why would I do this?

Well, I had all the search engines in mind.

In order to get any exposure on the web you have to be ranked by the search engines. Since my main website Linda Walsh Originals is already ranked with the search engines I wanted to find a way to include my new website in the search results as well. So I decided the best and quickest way to do this was to use the same name plus "dolls."

That way any search on "Linda Walsh Originals" would bring up my new website.

I was planning on adding my new website url to all the search engines myself but, in the meantime, I thought it best if it were included on any searches with my main business name.

So did it work. I think so. I was listed sooner than I was for my first Linda Walsh Originals website.

In fact, it worked so well that when it came time to name my NEW Instant Download E-Patterns website I followed suite and name my NEW website Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns and made my domain name and URL www.lindawalshoriginalsepatterns.com .


Posted by Linda Walsh Originals- "Doll Patterns for Grown-up Girls!"
Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns - "Instant Download E-Patterns for Grown-up Girls!"

No comments:

Post a Comment